The Alaris Medley 8220 SpO2 Module is a pulse oximetry module. This module is used for continuous, noninvasive monitoring of functional oxygen saturation of arterial hemoglobin (SpO2) and pulse rate. The 8220 Module comes with Masimo SP02 technology and uses Masimo series sensors. The Alaris®SpO2 module provides continuous, non-invasive monitoring of blood oxygen levels and pulse rates in adult, pediatric, and neonatal patients. With a simple user interface that reduces training time and complexity, the Alaris SpO2 module provides a vital infusion safeguard when used with the Guardrails® Suite MX software.
The BD / Alaris Medley Point of Care System with Guardrails Suite MX software is a Modular smart IV medication safety system that can help protect every infusion to guard you and your patients from medication errors. The Alaris Medley Point of Care System combines a single point-of-care unit featuring Guardrails Suite MX safety software with IV / LVP, PCA Syringe, Syringe, respiratory monitoring (SpO2 and EtCO2), and barcoding capabilities.
The Medley SpO2 Module is indicated for continuous, noninvasive monitoring of functional oxygen saturation of arterial hemoglobin (SpO2) and pulse rate measured by an SpO2 sensor. The SpO2 Module and accessories are indicated for use with adult, pediatric and neonatal patients during both no motion and motion conditions, and for patients who are well or poorly perfused in hospitals and hospital-type facilities. Only 1 SpO2 Module can be connected to a Medley™ Point-of-Care Unit. Features include:
- Masimo® SET® pulse oximetry provides exceptional sensitivity (the ability to detect true alarm) and specificity (the ability to reject false alarms)1,2
- Masimo® SET® technology helps eliminate false alarms and assists in providing accurate readings under extreme conditions such as low perfusion, motion and intense ambient light
- Masimo® FastSatTM feature offers the ability to detect rapid oxygen saturation changes when it is most needed (e.g., induction and intubation, apnea, hypopnea)
- Masimo® Signal IQTM technology is a visual indicator of the system’s confidence level in the displayed arterial oxygen saturation and pulse rate readings during motion and low perfusion
- Perfusion Index, or PI, is a numerical value that indicates the pulse strength and can be used to quickly evaluate the appropriateness of a monitoring site
- Adaptive Probe Off Detection (APOD) delivers enhanced protection against erroneous pulse rate and arterial oxygen saturation readings when a sensor becomes detached from the patient
- With Masimo® SET® technology clinicians can accurately monitor neonatal through adult applications
Ops Manual Tech Manual Brochure